We don't trust just anyone when it comes to sourcing the perfect slab for your project.
Backed by years of experience, our trusted sawmills produce the highest quality slabs. Not only are they particular in the trees they gather, the slabs are cut and dried using industry-leading techniques. They take pride in what they do (and it shows), which translates to a better product for you.
FROM RAW TO BEAUTY
When the slabs are picked up from the sawmill, they are in rough-sawn form which means they are ready to be flattened.
Depending on the project, we flatten our slabs 1-2 times while keeping the maximum thickness possible by shaving off only millimeters at a time.
Some slabs require more flattening than others, but typically speaking, our end products range 1.5-2.25" thick once this process is complete.
IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS
Reinforcing structural integrity is key, so we follow a strict process to make sure the wood is supported.
This process involves filling voids and cracks with epoxy or adding C-Channels depending on the project. No matter the steps, the end product is the same - a quality slab. Once the slab is reinforced, it will go through multiple sanding stages to produce a clean, yet rustic, look.
FINISHED TO PERFECTION
Let's talk about the finish! Unless specifically requested otherwise, we finish all of our products with a natural, hardwax oil finish. This premium product protects and showcases the grain while giving it a natural look.
As for the base, we typically use powder-coated steel legs for optimal durability and strength. For larger tables, full bases with crossbar support are used to provide the table top with extra support directly underneath for the length of the grain.
Does the thought of having a one-of-a kind piece of furniture or home décor item in your home sound appealing? A dining table that your family can gather around for some cherished, family time. A coffee table that anchors a living space that speaks to who you are. A desk that brings out the highest level of productivity. It sounds good, doesn't it?
Well, if so, you are in the right place! Our process has specific steps to get that idea you have from your mind to reality. Take a look at each step to know what you can look forward to or to see where you are at in the process.
1. Contact Us: Complete the contact form or email us to let us know what type of piece you are looking for, approximate size, and the desired budget range. This will allow us to provide you with a ballpark price for the order.
2. Design: We will walk you through choices for the wood species, slab characteristics, size, epoxy colors, base options, and beyond. This is also a great opportunity for you to ask us questions about the process.
3. Work Order: Once the design is complete, a Work Order will be sent to you for your review and signature.
4. Down Deposit: We do require a deposit to get things started, which officially starts the estimated timeline for the project.
5. Slab Sourcing: As we like to say, the fun part! Taking all of the aspects discussed during the design phase, we will head to the sawmill to hand pick your slab(s). We will provide 2-3 options for you to review (via texted photos) and then choose which slab(s) you'd like to move forward with. Our promise is that the Work Order price will never change unless the scope of the project is updated, so if one of the slab options changes the scope, you will be informed prior to your selection (remember, no surprises!).
6. Project Updates: We just don't sell custom pieces, we sell an experience. As your slab(s) move through the build process, we will update you along the way so that you can watch the slab(s) transform into your one-of-a-kind piece.
Interested in the build process? Take a deeper dive below!